Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day Tubing!

For Valentine's Day, Cadee and I were invited to go Tubing with Kory and Me' Sis...

On the way there I accidently passed the turn for Soldier Hollow... a second later I see Deana and Kory passing me in the Hummer. I decided to pull off to the side of the road to turn around.

I pulled about 2ft off the road and the front end started sinking down into the snow... I was in a very deep ditch. The ditch was full of snow so it looked like a solid surface. At this point I decided to put it in 4 Low and drive myself out of this sticky situation. Well this just made it worse.. I was sliding further into the ditch and getting deeper down in the snow. Cadee was enjoying the view of the ditch (seeing as she was the one in the ditch side of the vehicle.)

Deana and Kory just happened to turn around and come back to see where I was going.

When Kory saw that I was stuck, he pulled out his magic yellow rope from the back of the Hummer. I had Cadee hop out. I didn't want her to be crushed if the Jeep rolled over. We hooked the back of Jeep to the Hummer and started to back out of the hole. This just made matters worse. The Jeep started sliding further into the ditch.

Next we decided to try pulling the Jeep from the front... Kory pulled in front of me and we reattached the rope. He slowly pulled forward while I steered the jeep through my rutts where I slid in originally. The Jeep came right out of the hole with ease.

Now that we were out of danger, we continued on to Soldier Hollow.

We got changed into our snow clothes, obtained our tickets and headed for the hill.


Thanks Deana and Kory for inviting us!

PS here are some pics.




1 comment:

outdoortrainergirl said...

HEY!! That's my jeep! What's up with that getting stuck business? There's a chain under the back seat...a beasty chain! Glad you had fun. LUVU